Friday, August 1, 2008

Wacky in Waco

Hey! Well here I am to tell all about our vacation. . .
We headed out from Atlanta on Sunday and got to Waco on Monday. We spent some time with Andrew's family. It's always good to go back to Waco. Something in me feels like it's coming home whenever we visit there. It's such a great little town. It was nice to have some down time. We slept in, relaxed, and had Jerry's famous breakfast rolls. There were two days that Jetta was sick so we got some quality time with her. She's a lot of fun. She definitely let's you know what she wants and when! :o) The highlight of our time with her was a walk around Baylor's campus. We walked past the bears at the perfect time - they were getting fed, so we got to see them eat their oranges. Did you know that bears can peel their own oranges? I was surprised that they didn't just gobble the whole thing...It was fun to watch. We then headed over to the Baylor Spirit shop where I got a few new shirts. (see picture!)
One afternoon Andrew and I took Jetta and met my sister and Brenda for lunch at Cafe Cappacinno - yum! I had a nice chicken salad wrap. It was fun to meet them for a lunch date.

That night we took all three kids back to the Kirkpatrick's house for pancakes. This helped my sister have some time to get ready for the big trip to New Mexico, and spend quality time with all of them. They enjoyed eating their yummy blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes. Then had fun playing with trains and exploring the backyard. They even found some tomatoes to pick. :o) It was good to play Aunt and Uncle to the Hughes chillins.

We also had a good visit with our friends the Towers. It was fun to meet Max and watch Ann & Sha with their acrobatics trying to calm him down. I'm sure it wasn't fun for them, though! It's hard to believe how fast Carter is growing. I remember being with him in the baby room at Lakewood. Time flies. . . . Then it was time to head to Taos...more on that to come!

No comments: