Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bookworms

The Decatur Book Festival is an event I'd always wanted to attend. For whatever reason, Andrew and I had never made it out there. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to go check it out while Andrew was out of town. It was something that would definitely get me out of the house. And it turned out to be a beautiful day. Molly and I were trying to get there by 12:30 to see the Charlotte's Web puppet show. I thought that would be something she would enjoy because of the visual. We arrived at 12:35, and found that they hadn't started yet (yes!). Well, sadly it's because they were behind schedule and just ended up cancelling it. (Or if it was changed to a different time, no one could tell me when it would be...) So, I was pretty bummed, but knew that if I stuck around I would probably find some good deals on some books. This is probably my favorite thing to spend money on. Especially children's books....and especially children's books for Molly.
We did find some great deals on books....$4 hard-cover books. It's really hard to beat that. Another tent had 50% off all children's books. So, I got some for Molly & some for my class. I wouldn't say it was all I expected it to be, but I really can't complain about getting such great deals on books. And it was a nice mother/daughter afternoon.

Waiting in the tent for the (non-existent) puppet show to begin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed! I love your blog! You go girl. What a great way to share your family/daughter/life. Amazing color choice! You are very lucky to have such a wonderful family.