Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby in your bag?

Today was my first day back to work. While I was very anxious about it all week, the day turned out quite well. The students were excited to have me back, and I was excited to see them, too. I also enjoyed being back in a routine. Not to mention, having lunch with adults! :o)
I did miss Molly, and was grateful that Andrew sent me 2 pictures to my phone. He also kept me informed of her day by email. I was definitely ready to come home right after school. It was so nice to curl up with Molly for an afternoon nap.
Funny "first day back" story. I walked into the room with my normal gear plus my breast pump. It is hidden in a good sized tote. One of my students said "Hi, Mrs. Kirkpatrick! Is your baby in your purse?" I thought it was really funny and quite cute. I informed him that, in fact, Molly was at home sleeping. My students are so cute...it was good to be around them again. Nevermind how fast the last six weeks has gone; this whole year with this group of 3rd graders has flown! I will enjoy my last 4 weeks with them.
And while we're here....a few pictures of Molly:

Molly curled up with mommy for a nap on her first day home.

Molly with the Easter bunny!

I'm pretty sure this belongs in the dictionary next to the word "Peace"

No comments: