Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Latest on the nursery. . .

I've kinda lost track of what happened when, but wanted to give you an update on the nursery. It is now the most multi-tasked room I've ever had. It is a guest room, Andrew's office, and baby's nursery. I guess you could even say it's storage for some of Andrew's old band things.
Anyway...we've made good progress and I would now say we are ready if the baby were to come early.
Valentine's day weekend I had a 4-day weekend, and we were hoping to get out of town on one last weekend get-away just the two of us. When the weather had other plans, the goal became to get the crib up. Friday we went out to lunch and it started snowing. We decided that's perfect weather for getting home and working in the room.

It's SNOWING!!

We cleared the spot and moved the dresser into it's new home.

That night we watched Adventureland while putting the crib together. It was fun to do it together, even though it turned out Andrew really didn't need my help. But still - I'm glad Andrew let me be involved.

Crib together - bedding in!

B is for Bear . . . . so cute....I love, love, LOVE it!
A cross-stitch that was in my bedroom when I was a child. Mom passed it along at Christmas and it goes perfectly with the teddy bear theme.
Mission accomplished. We got the crib together. Andrew's only stubbed his toe on it once. I have a fear that will happen more as 3am feedings become more common.
We stripped it down to wash the bedding. We also got the sheets for the bassinett washed, so she has a few options for sleeping.....although I'm already convinced her favorite place to sleep will be in mommy and daddy's arms. :o)
Something else not quite as fun, but also important - we have the changing table together and in the room as well. I like the one we chose because of the shelving. That's this weekend's project...getting baby supplies into cute little baskets so it's a functioning room. The presents from showers are still in the living room. I plan to sort through those and get them put in a better place. Here's hoping I get this "burst of energy" I keep hearing about. I'll definitely need it to get through this "nesting" task!

1 comment:

KClevenger said...

I love your bedding! So cute :)