Friday, May 23, 2008

Letters from Students

So, today was the last day of school. Our school does something called a 5th grade walk, where all the graduating 5th graders walk through the school. Students make banners, teachers cry and 5th graders are congratulated. This was my first year of having students pass by that I had taught. One thing they did this year was write thank you letters to former teachers. I got a handful and all are sweet and made me feel really good. Here are what some of them said. . . "...You taught me how to tell time. I would be lost without time. I remember on the last day of school you were sad that I was leaving. Now I'm sad that I'm leaving..." "You have touched my life unlike any other teacher. You understand all of your students and their needs...You've always been there for me and were concerned for me. And you've always wondered about my personal life." "The memories I had with you are unforgettable!...Remember the time I flipped out of my chair during class? I was embarassed, but you comforted me and from then on I knew you were going to be a great teacher!...I hope it's fine with you that I still call you Ms. Campbell!" :o) Comments like these make all the long nights, meetings, and frustrating days worth it. It means a lot to me that I have left such an impression on them, because each of them has left an impression on me.

2 comments:

St. Clare said...

Those are so sweet. And just so you know, I don't think Mr. Starhead knows how to tell time yet. Maybe you can help him out with that this summer.

Emily said...

I think that's awesome. Congratulations on being appreciated, and it seems, a good teacher. I want my kids to be able to tell time too. I would also be lost without time. :)